Foster Care Provider
Paws For Life Utah is always in need of foster homes for cats and dogs. Paws For Life Utah provides the vet care and health management while you provide love and care. We carefully match up foster dogs and cats with foster parents. Paws For Life Utah is responsible for finding the pet its forever home.
Please continue reading about the specific responsibilities of a foster family. Once you’ve made your decision to join our growing family of foster “parents”. Download PFLU Foster Application or email Nancy for information.
Thanks again for your interest in being a foster family!
Your Role as a Foster Family:
When you foster a pet from Paws for Life Utah, you are making a difference. As you can imagine, being kept in a shelter and then rescued can be very stressful and traumatic for many dogs and cats. In your home they have a chance to feel safe and secure, to be loved, nurtured and get exercised and socialized. Your positive influence on this dog or puppy, cat or kitten, will prepare them for a new permanent family, which is the biggest gift of all!
Foster Home Responsibilities:
- Provide temporary home and care for a cat or dog.
- If/when necessary, transport the foster pet to scheduled vet appointments (Paws For Life Utah maintains responsibility for vet expenses).
- Provide information to update the pet bio (as well as digital photos and/or videos).
- You may be asked to bring your foster pet to an adoption event, or coordinate with a volunteer going to an adoption event.
- Be a responsible guardian for your foster pet.